Wednesday, October 5, 2011

GM gets into the car-sharing game



While I am about as far as you can get from the cities that support GetAround, a peer to peer car-sharing program, I am still a member and actively watch their progress. This sort of thing seems to make a lot of sense to me but I am somewhat skeptical about its adoption by the general consumer. I think people are still a bit suspicious about an internet company getting them rental cars from strangers. However, GM hopes to eliminate that fear by incorporating RelayRides, a new start-up similar to GetAround, into their OnStar service. In my opinion, this should alleviate consumer skepticism as OnStar is already a very well trusted brand.

Read more: TechCrunch - Car-sharing Startup RelayRides Partners With GM



No comments:

Post a Comment